[openFATE 311089] Disable system bell by default if sound card is installed
Feature changed by: Jimmy Berry (boombatower)
Feature #311089, revision 2
Title: Disable system bell by default if sound card is installed

Requested by: Pieter De Decker (pdedecker)

One of the first things I do after installing openSUSE is disabling the
system bell by adding this to ~/.inputrc:
set bell-style none
Its volume is needlessly high. The bell scares the hell outta me
whenever it creeps up because I backspaced too much on the command
line.
My suggestion: disable the system bell by default, unless no sound card
is installed.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: It's a simple fix for something that has been bugging me
forever.

+ #1: Jimmy Berry (boombatower) (2011-01-19 22:57:33)
+ Completely agree.
+ Too many times I have used my openSUSE laptop at college or other
+ public places and during the middle of a class my computer would spew
+ forth a series of extremely loud beeps. Useless and extremely
+ annoying.

List Navigation