[openFATE 311067] UPEK support in Yast Fingerprint
Feature changed by: Frederic Crozat (fcrozat)
Feature #311067, revision 3
Title: UPEK support in Yast Fingerprint

openSUSE.org: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Quentin Denis (queden)

Hello, some Lenovo laptops use the UPEK driver for fingerprint. Using
the latest version of fingerprint-gui (which also ships the UPEK
drivers) gives me a perfect functionality of my device. However, Yast
does still not recognize my device. Could it be easily implemented?
Maybe provide packages for fingerprint-gui, too, and Fedora's system-
config-authentication:
http://diegobz.net/2009/08/29/fingerprint-authentication-using-kde-on-fedora-11/

+ #1: Frederic Crozat (fcrozat) (2011-01-17 11:31:47)
+ I think you are confusing issues. UPEK drivers should be up to date in
+ Factory (I updated them in August).
+ Having a separate UI (ie the one available from GNOME), as well as
+ switching to fprintd and pam-fprintd is a different issue and would
+ also require some changes in yast2-fingerprinting to discuss directly
+ with fprintd instead of writing/reading information on disk.

List Navigation
This Thread