[openFATE 309296] YaST2-software manager : Add "Action after Installation" option
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:27:56 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Stanislav Visnovsky (visnov)
Feature #309296, revision 10
Title: YaST2-software manager : Add "Action after Installation" option

- openSUSE-11.3: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Stanislav Visnovsky (visnov)
+ reject reason: Not done.

+ openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ Priority
+ Requester: Desirable

Requested by: Rémy Marquis (spyhawk)

YaST-Qt/GTK package manager module should have an additional option in
Configuration menu, similarly to the ncurse version (yast sw_single >
Configuration > Action after Package Installation).

Use Case:
* A user wants to change the default behavior, but doesn't know that he
needs to change PKGMGR_ACTION_AT_EXIT in /etc/sysconfig/yast2
* A user that have used ncurse yast expects that this option is also in
the Qt/GTK interface

#1: Rastislav Krupansky (ra100) (2010-04-11 09:55:51)
Why sould be this option available only in YaST qt? And what GTK users?
Changing title YaST-Qt -> YaST2-software manager

#2: Rémy Marquis (spyhawk) (2010-04-11 14:57:52) (reply to #1)
You're totally right. I haven't tried YaST-GTK, so I didn't know it
wasn't implemented there, but the idea is to have the option available
everywhere.

#3: Atri Bhattacharya (badshah400) (2010-04-11 16:49:33)
Not implemented as a menu item yet, but yast2-gtk in factory does show
a confirmation dialog-box when you select something for installation
(and hit apply) which has an option "Close window when done". If you
leave this option unchecked, the package manager does not exit when
installation is complete, instead returning to the list of packages
again. I think that partly answers the request in this feature?
I do not yet know the status of the qt-interface. Please try out the
(much improved hopefully) yast2-gtk interface with M5 (to be released
soon) and let me know what you think.