[New: openFATE 310976] System wide media player deamon
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:56:27 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: Sławomir Lach (Lachu)

Feature #310976, revision 1
Title: System wide media player deamon

Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Sławomir Lach (lachu)

Some users use computers only to play media, like music. I have a lot of
friends, witch only run computer to login and put CDs inside. We need a system
wide deamon, which control how many normal users are logged in, check
/usr/media directory and all removable media to start playing music/etc.

When user get logged, music will stop playing.

Test Case:
Get logged/logout turn of/on computer, insert/remove CDs.

Use Case:
We travel by bus/train/airplane and want only to play music. Have we bored by
running whole system, getting logged and starting player? Damian will only
insert CDs onto drive and power on computer. They will only wait half minutes
to hear a sound.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Many users will love us for do this, especially users of netbook
with SSD drive, where Linux based operating systems set up very quickly.

It is very simple to create bash script, which starts task in
background(playing music), get task pid and check how many users are logged for
5 seconds. Main matter is to control such deamon.

List Navigation