[openFATE 308896] Add option to automatic update to install all updates, not just patches
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:00:12 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Thomas Göttlicher (tgoettlicher)
Feature #308896, revision 6
Title: Add option to automatic update to install all updates, not just
patches

openSUSE Distribution: New

Requested by: Tim Edwards (tk83)

The Automatic Update configuration configurable through YAST->Online
Update Configuration currently only installs patch updates. An option
should be added to install all updates (ie. this would run 'zypper up'
without the '-t patches' option).
(This new option should be off by default to avoid changing the current
behaviour too much.)

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2010-12-09 11:47:36)
Afaik there is an option for this in the updater applet.

+ #2: Thomas Göttlicher (tgoettlicher) (2010-12-09 11:59:56) (reply to
+ #1)
+ kupdateapplet's zypp backend had an option to install package updates in the
past.
+ I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to automatically install each and
+ every version update. Usually you install a system and only update it
+ if it's needed e.g. for security reasons. These updates are provided by
+ patches. If you always want to have the latest version installed on
+ your system you might want to use openSUSE Factory. But I would not
+ recommend this for a productive system.