[openFATE 310905] Make Konqueror Default File Manager
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 05:03:13 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Rajko Matovic (rajko_m)
Feature #310905, revision 8
Title: Make Konqueror Default File Manager

- openSUSE-11.4: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.4: New

Requested by: Peter Tselios (tpe)

Restore Konqueror as default file manager in a next OpenSUSE version. I
don't need to say much about that. Konqueror is still a better file
manager than Dolphin. I know that they use the same kpart, but still,
konqueror does much more things and the common with Dolphin
functionality "works" better in it.

#1: Alex Bars (alexdbars) (2010-12-01 08:24:34)
I agree even knowing that dolphin 4.6 has great improvements

#2: Christopher Yeleighton (yecril71pl) (2010-12-01 11:35:40)
It is a KDE feature, not a distro feature. You need stronger and
detailed arguments for overriding the upstream decision. According to
KDE, Dolphin was chosen because it is more lightweight.

#3: Ricardo Gabriel Berlasso (rgbsuse) (2010-12-05 15:55:31)
Nobody stops you from using konqueror as file manager, but defaults are
for "normal users" not for power users that will not see changing a
default value as a problem. Dolphin is more than enough for common (and
not-so-common) users... in fact that's the main reason for its
existence.

List Navigation