[openFATE 310958] Amarok 2.4 for opensuse 11.4
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:51:41 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Jedi Beeftrix (Jedibeeftrix)
Feature #310958, revision 5
Title: Amarok 2.4 for opensuse 11.4

Requested by: Jedi Beeftrix (jedibeeftrix)

as per the first beta announcement:
http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.4/beta/1
"This new release brings a lot of new features. The following features
are critical and need a lot of testing to make sure they are top-notch
for final release at the beginning of 2011. We need your help with
this, so try them out and report any problems you find! * Transcoding:
Now you can convert tracks from one file format to another when copying
from the file browser to the local collection. We will expand this to
media devices in future releases. * Shiny new collection scanner,
rewritten from scratch - it should now detect compilations in a more
robust way * Writing back to tags: there is now an option to have
Amarok write statistics and album covers to the files directly, so you
can save your play counts and tags in the files themselves. The
following new features are included as well: * The ability to show and
hide the menu bar * Mass-tagging UI using Musicbrainz * The ability to
use iPod Touch 3G and possibly newer devices * A new applet for guitar
and bass tab information * A map and calendar view for the upcoming
events applet * A new Playdar collection that lets you listen to music
provided by a local Playdar service and much more. "

#1: Mariusz Fik (fisiu) (2010-12-07 22:29:36)
When Amarok 2.4 is ready You can install it from KDE:UpdatedApps
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/UpdatedApps/) repository.
With the latest openSUSE Milestone 4 we are on the features freeze stage :)

#2: Jedi Beeftrix (jedibeeftrix) (2010-12-08 11:00:41) (reply to #1)
fair enough.
did digikam 2.0 make the deadline?

#3: Tom Zöhner (zoehneto) (2010-12-08 13:30:21) (reply to #2)
I doubt that Digikam 2.0 will make it into 11.4 because the first
stable version is planed for may 2011.

+ #4: Jedi Beeftrix (jedibeeftrix) (2010-12-08 14:51:38) (reply to #3)
+ apologies, last i'd heard they were on course for a january
+ release.........

List Navigation