[openFATE 310899] Bring back yast2-repair (or alternative)
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:47:53 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)
Feature #310899, revision 6
- Title: Bring back boot option 'repair installed system'
+ Title: Bring back yast2-repair (or alternative)

openSUSE-11.4: New

Requested by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)
Product Manager: (Novell)
Documentation Editor: (Novell)

yast2-repair was dropped due to fate#308679, bnc#541793.
I suggest we take the effort and recreate similar functionality in a
maintainable way. Even if incomplete, this would be a good signal
moving forward.
+ The rescue system is no alternative for end users.

Documentation Impact:
Remove all references of yast2-repair from documentation system_repair.
xml, inst_yast2.xml, troubleshooting.xml, ...
... add info about any upcoming alternatives.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: The repair feature was an unique selling point for
openSUSE and SUSE based products. It gave users a feeling of
reliability and confidence. It is absent in 11.3