[openFATE 309587] Easier SUSE bugreporting
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:26:22 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: jpxviii jpxviii (jpxviii)
Feature #309587, revision 3
Title: Easier SUSE bugreporting

Hackweek V: Unconfirmed
Priority
- Requester: Important
+ Requester: Mandatory

Requested by: Michal Vyskocil (mvyskocil)
Developer: (Novell)

Last hackweek I hacked up the susereport [1] a port of Debian's
reportbug script. Susereport deals with a BuildService - can find the
assignee from package/project metadata.
It basically works, but needs to be tested more than is. So my hackweek
project will be test it and release it! And also find some nice to have
features (like automatic information gathering in some cases, or so).
[1] http://gitorious.org/+opensuse-developers/opensuse/susereport [2]
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Novell bugzilla is not nice - you have a zilions
projects/products and you just have to fill a bug against openSUSE.
Existence of BuildService complicates it, you need to know from which
project you have a buggy package and who maintain that crap ...
susereport solve all of those questions to one - Why there are so much
questions, isn't there any easier way?