[openFATE 309617] customize hostname at install time
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:51:29 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Martin Schlander (cb400f)
Feature #309617, revision 2
Title: customize hostname at install time

Requested by: Alin M Elena (ealin)

IN the automatic configuration mode at install time you cannot specify
the hostname... -- which by the way is displayed in your kde menu and
of course in the konsole... I find this despicable on aesthetic
grounds...
Now putting the joke aside I find it strange to give the user the
choice to decide what encryption method to use (as a brainless option)
but changing the name of the computer to be considered as advanced...
I know you can do it by choosing a manual configuration... but for a
normal user that may prove a little bit challenging to have to decide
on a lot of other things in order just to choose a lousy name for his
computer.,
Alin

+ #1: Martin Schlander (cb400f) (2010-05-28 11:50:01)
+ How to set hostname is one of the FAQs on IRC and other support
+ platforms. So I agree very much that it would be desirable to have this
+ easily done during installation - even when using auto configuration.

List Navigation