[New: openFATE 309570] sync contacts/calendars/SMS with KdePIMs using bluetooth like Nokia PC Suite.
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:53:11 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: double chou (MargueriteSu)

Feature #309570, revision 1
Title: sync contacts/calendars/SMS with KdePIMs using bluetooth like Nokia PC
Suite.

Requested by: double chou (margueritesu)

It may be hard, but possible, 'coz Symbian is open source now, we do not have
legal problems anymore.

I know you men are developing Akonadi, after that, contacts/calendars can be
sync to Google Contacts/Calendars then Kontacts/Korgnaizer.  But actually it is
just like 2 stationary FTP connections.  The bluetooth idea is something that I
can sync anything I want to every device in my room directly, not using any
transition like Google, not requiring network connections. Of course I can also
sync with Google, but it is another case.

Actually you did it before. Kitchensync is an amazing software. And you said
you will rewrite it. But the new version (not usable yet)  can not sync with
mobile directly, not to mention backup SMS (some places in the world, banks use
SMS to send bills) .

So come on, Symbian has only 4 versions, S40, S60v3, S60v5 and Symbian 3. Its
protocols are easy for you. Nokia will remain top in next decade. It is not
useless and can't be ignored.

List Navigation