[openFATE 309566] OCR with Cuneiform
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:10:06 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)
Feature #309566, revision 2
Title: OCR with Cuneiform

Requested by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)

Have you ever tried to do some Optical Character Recognition under
Linux? The best bet used to be Tesseract+Ocropus -- no more: Try
cuneiform and you will be surprised how fast/good/easy to use it is.
- Together with hocr2pdf it can create sandwich PDFs.
+ Together with hocr2pdf from exactimage it can create sandwich PDFs.
When scanning a document with one of our office scanners, we could use
- a special email-domain so that the scan first goes to an ocr server,
- then comes to my mailbox.
+ a special email-domain so that the scan first goes to an OCR server,
+ then comes to the user's mailbox.
I have played around a bit with the tools, and would like to share my
experiences.

List Navigation