[New: openFATE 309485] filter package by version on software.opensuse.org
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:59:16 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: matthias sweertvaegher (mxttie)

Feature #309485, revision 1
Title: filter package by version on software.opensuse.org

Buildservice: Unconfirmed

Requested by: matthias sweertvaegher (mxttie)

software.opensuse.org/search is a very handy tool to find a 1-click install for
your favorite program yet often it is hard to find the latest or the correct
package since no additional filtering/sorting is offered.

Here are a few possible solutions:

A) The low tech solution would be to support specifying the version in the
query processed as a simple string, for example: if I search for k3b it returns
102 binaries,  k3b-1.68.0-1.1.3.i586.rpm
(http://software.opensuse.org/search/download?base=openSUSE%3A11.2&file=openSUSE%3A%2F11.2%2Fstandard%2Fi586%2Fk3b-1.68.0-1.1.3.i586.rpm&query=k3b)
 being one amongst them. If I search for k3b-1.68, no results are returned..

B) Another solution would be to collect all versions during the query and while
presenting the result as of now, allow the user to finetune the query by
presenting a combobox containing all collected versions.

C) allow sorting the results on build date. that way, I suppose the more recent
versions would be listed..? Not sure if that's possible.

D) allow filtering on architecture. sometimes, when you finally found the
correct version, it seems it is not available in x86_64 ...

List Navigation