[openFATE 309358] Less confusing installer idea
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 23:11:39 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh)
Feature #309358, revision 3
Title: Less confusing installer idea

Requested by: ryan smith (ryan1414)

I have a feature request for the OpenSuse 11.3 installer. I found 11.2
installer to be very confusing. What I found confusing was the
partition part
and where it talks about sda1, sda2, etc. Most beginners won't even
know what
these mean.
My feature request is to make the installer less confusing by first
displaying
all the partitions and hard drives on a user's computer and users can
select 1
or more partitions to install OpenSuse too like this:
Tick the drive/s | partitions you want to install OpenSuse on:
C: Label 20GB
D: Label 50GB
E: Label 1TB
After users have chosen the drives/partitions only then will the
partition
edit/creation options be shown, and they'll only apply to the
drives/partitions
a user chose before.

+ #1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2010-05-06 23:11:32)
+ Windows may not give letters to partition types it does not [want to]
+ recognize, so it does not make sense to print Windows drive letters in
+ the partitioner.