[openFATE 309252] Make vendor change updates visible and easy to install
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:56:25 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
Feature #309252, revision 4
Title: Make vendor change updates visible and easy to install

- openSUSE-11.3: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.3: Evaluation

Requested by: Martin Schlander (cb400f)

It requires too much work and knowledge to perform vendor changing
updates - especially if you only want single packages and not switch
vendor for every package in a repo.
-
I suggest to make single vendor changing updates easily installable via
the sw_single Search tab. For example like this:
1) Make the existence of the update possibility visible with colouring
- similar to current red and blue packages.
2) Make the vendor changing package installable via the context menu -
Right click package -> Update with vendor change

#1: Alex Müller (larx) (2010-03-31 14:17:23)
I strongly support this feature. Given the fact that e.g. my openSUSE
installation contains various repos it is currently very difficult to
keep  "up to date".

List Navigation
This Thread