[New: openFATE 309237] Bigger default panel
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:03:11 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Mircea Kitsune (MirceaKitsune)

Feature #309237, revision 1
Title: Bigger default panel

Requested by: Mircea Kitsune (mirceakitsune)

This is a minor change introduced in 11.2 which I believe Opensuse might have
been better without. I find the default panel in 11.2 / 11.3 milestone 3 (KDE
4) a bit too small. It's closer to the Windows Taskbar's size, but for Linux I
think the previous size was better (I like the default one in 11.1 personally).

In my opinion, the current size is not only a bit uglier (the panel's too small
compared to everything else) but also makes it harder to click on some buttons,
like desktops which are vertically half the size of the pointer. Here are a few
screenshots showing the default panel I'm addressing:
http://www.linuxforu.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/04-KDE4-Desktop.png --
http://jjtcomputing.co.uk/images/opensuse11.2-desktop.png

I believe 35-40 would be a nice default size, the current default apparently
being 30 (measured in units shown when clicking Panel Options and dragging the
Height slider in 11.2). Of course everyone resizes it to their own like after
installing Opensuse, so this hardly has any importance. Just a suggestion for
what I believe would be a better default if anyone else agrees.

List Navigation