[openFATE 309209] Expire "New Applications" in application-browser (GNOME) after appropriate use/days
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:02:49 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Atri Bhattacharya (badshah400)
Feature #309209, revision 2
- Title: New Applications in application-browser (GNOME)
+ Title: Expire "New Applications" in application-browser (GNOME) after
+ appropriate use/days

Requested by: Atri Bhattacharya (badshah400)

At present the "new applications" group in the GNOME application
browser lists 9 most recently installed/upgraded applications and it
lists each of them forever (at least as long as it is not superseded by
other new applications).
The request is to expire an application from the "New Applications"
group after a fixed number of days or fixed number of uses so that it
lists only applications that are actually new from the point of view of
the user. After the initial installation of applications, when most
bugs have been fixed and everything is working fully I usually keep
this system untouched (no more install/uninstall, except official
updates), and as such I have some items listed in the "New
Applications" group that I had installed over 3 months back and have
used over a 100 times. This is not a "new" application for me, is it?

List Navigation