[openFATE 309115] Integrate Apple Magic Mouse driver
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:29:46 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Andreas Schneider (Los_Andros)
Feature #309115, revision 3
Title: Integrate Apple Magic Mouse driver

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Info Provider: Andreas Schneider (los_andros)
Requested by: Andreas Schneider (los_andros)

Hello,
I'm using the Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard (both
bluetooth). The Apple MAgic Mouse has a Touch Screen surface for
vertical & horizontical scrolling. The left click and right click is
working out of the box using the standard kernel (also the KOTD).
You can find a development of the Aple Magic Mouse driver (hid-
magicmouse) here: http://github.com/entrope/linux-magicmouse
I was unable to build a kernel module and I'm not sure if the driver
will be integrated into the standard kernel, so it would be nice to
have patched kernel for the openSUSE standard kernel that supports the
Apple Magic Mouse.
Regards
Andy

#1: Vladimir Botka (vbotka) (2010-03-03 12:31:10)
Bluetooth keyboards and mouses shall work with HID (Human Interface
Device Profile) via btusb driver. It would be good to try and connect
the devices with bluetooth-applet. If it is not working that I would
suggest to open a bug report.

+ #2: Andreas Schneider (los_andros) (2010-03-03 13:29:35)
+ Hi,
+ the keyboard and mouse are both working via hid, but for the mouse only
+ left click and right click are working, scrolling functions are not
+ availible, because the hid driver doesn't recognize the special
+ multitouch surface events of the apple magic mouse (it's not the mighty
+ mouse, it's this model http://www.apple.com/de/magicmouse/)
+ The linked driver (github) from entrope makes these events availible
+ and if you build the kernel module you should have a hid-magicmouse.ko
+ kernel module, that loads if you connect the Apple Magic Mouse via
+ bluetooth.
+ I couldn't get it working, and sadly the driver is not availible for
+ the 2.6.32 or 2.6.33 kernel.
+
+ I thought a feature request would be the better place, but I could also
+ open a bug report.

List Navigation
This Thread