[openFATE 307492] "Report a Bug" icon for pre-release versions
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:58:24 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
Feature #307492, revision 5
Title: "Report a Bug" icon for pre-release versions

- openSUSE-11.3: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.3: Evaluation

Requested by: Kevin Dupuy (kdupuy9)

Inspired in part by Windows 7's links to "report a problem", I think
that to make it easier and quicker to access Bugzilla, we should
include a desktop icon and panel launcher to open the Bugzilla "Enter
new bug" page
(https://bugzilla.novell.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=openSUSE%2011.2
&format=guided) (with the product already filled in, as above), with
all pre-release (NOT FINAL) versions of 11.3 and beyond (or 11.2 if we
have time)
I've already created a .desktop file to do this, and use it on my own
when testing 11.2/Factory. The file can be found here
(http://kevinsword.com/images/Report%20a%20Bug.desktop) (choose Save
Link As to download, or click to view the actual text in it).
Please also see my blog post about this:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/08/23/1-click-bug-reporting/

Use Case:
Joe Tester runs the latest pre-release version of openSUSE to help
squash some bugs. He finds a bug that makes an application crash. He
simply double-clicks on the Report a Bug icon or clicks on the panel
launcher, and Firefox opens to Bugzilla, with the product already
filled in. He can then search for the bug and file it if it doesn't
already exist. Joe Tester now feels good about himself.