[openFATE 308463] add FreeIPMI
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 01:20:59 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Al Chu (chu11)
Feature #308463, revision 4
Title: add FreeIPMI

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Al Chu (chu11)

FreeIPMI is a collection of tools and libraries for IPMI system
management (see IPMI at http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ipmi/).

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: At a glance, FreeIPMI may be viewed very similarly to (or
possibly overlapping) w/ the openipmi and ipmitool packages, however it
offers a number of features that are superior for HPC or large
cluster/data center environments not provided by the other packages. In
addition, it offers additional support and features on a number of
motherboards that currently aren't supported by openipmi or ipmitool.

#1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2009-12-05 13:38:23)
Source code available, free and open? Then may consider it.

+ #2: Al Chu (chu11) (2009-12-08 01:20:16)
+ Sorry, now that I read it, my description was not too good.  FreeIPMI
+ is free and open source and located here:
+ http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/
+ The link I put up above was to document the location of the IPMI
+ specification (which is also open, but just happens to be housed at the
+ Intel website).

List Navigation