[openFATE 308476] Make text cell interpretation configurable
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 02:26:31 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Kohei Yoshida (kohei_yoshida)
Feature #308476, revision 2
Title: Make text cell interpretation configurable

Requested by: Kohei Yoshida (kohei_yoshida)

For xls compatibility reasons, we modify the formula calculation so
that
* text cells in an addition throw an error e.g. =A1+B1 where B1 is a text
cell.
* text cells in SUM are interpreted as 0 e.g. =SUM(A1:B1) where B1 is a
- text
- ell.
+ text cell.
But some users don't like these behaviors since they are "inconsistent"
with each other. We probably therefore make these configurable, perhaps
in the 'Formula' option page.

List Navigation