[openFATE 305730] Add Package-Wishlist as 'Products' Component
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:29:33 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
Feature #305730, revision 6
Title: Add Package-Wishlist as 'Products' Component

openFATE: Evaluation

Requested by: Lars Vogdt (lrupp)

The current solution for openSUSE users to suggest new packages for
inclusion in openSUSE is currently a bit complicated and diverted in
many places:
* see the Wislists (http://en.opensuse.org/Wishlist) in the Wiki
* see the Bugzilla (http://devzilla.novell.com/education/) of openSUSE-
Education
* see Novells Bugzilla (https://bugzilla.novell.com/)
* see the openSUSE-Forums and Mailinglists...
A possible solution with the new openFATE could be to unify the process
to request new packages for openSUSE on one single place: openFATE! To
make requests of new packages easy, someone should be able to file a
request against a "Product" named "New packages" or "Package Wishlist".
Perhaps it's possible to create a simple Wizard for this special
product in the future, including:
* At least two mandatory fields for packagename and upstream URL
* and a simple "search for pending requests" after entering the two
mandatory fields to avoid duplicates.

#1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2009-03-30 15:12:17)
Adding a new product "Package wishlist" is easy. Would this be useful
as a first step, or do we need the full feature implemented at once?

#2: Lars Vogdt (lrupp) (2009-04-14 14:08:58) (reply to #1)
My intention was a "new product", yes. I think this should cover most
of the requests and make it easier for packagers to find interesting
requests.

+ #3: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2009-04-14 14:29:03) (reply to #2)
+ Product "Package Wishlist" added.