[openFate 304971] Improved Popup support from libyui
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:31:17 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Feature #304971, revision 7
Title: Improved Popup support from libyui

openSUSE-11.1: Rejected by Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxxxxx>
reject date: 2008-07-16 09:22:38
reject reason: Not needed anymore.
Projectmanager: Desirable

openSUSE-11.2: New

Requested by: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx>
+ Partner organization: openSUSE.org

Currently writing popups with longer texts is difficult: Line wrapping
must be done in YCP and thus cannot take font metrics into account.
Using RichText widget is also difficult since it's not possible to know
the correct height in advance.
What I would like to see is a popup that does line wrapping (preserving
parapraphs) and adjusts the height of the whole popup accordingly. The
popup width should be a parameter or the popup could find a good ratio
between width and height.

#1: Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-06-27 19:50:50)
I guess this is something to leave for our colleagues in engineering to
prioritize, thus labeling neutral for PM.

#2: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-01 13:37:34)
(reply to #1)
Duncan, this is in your team, up to you if you need this.

#3: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-16 10:18:29)
Why isn't this needed anymore? What do we have instead?

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=304971