[openFate 305149] Yast Expert Partitioner: should not require mounting "/" root partition
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 20:14:10 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Feature #305149, revision 2
- Title: [Feature-request] Yast Expert Partitioner: should not require
- mounting "/" root partition
+ Title: Yast Expert Partitioner: should not require mounting "/" root
+ partition

openSUSE-11.2: New

Requested by: Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All !
Since openSUSE 11.1 will have brand new expert partitioner, I would
like to request the ability to use SUSE's partitioner for partition
hard disks for other operating systems.
Currently it is not possible, because SUSE requires mounting "/" root
partition.
In some cases I need to install third-party OSes before I install
openSUSE, so I want to use SUSE flexible partitioner to partition and
format the hard disk, then install the other OSes and only in the end I
want to install openSUSE.
-Alexey

#1: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-08-04 08:41:18)
So in a nutshell you want to use the partitioner as a separate program
(started from the DVD) without the other installation features like
package managment. Right?

#2: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-08-05 12:11:02)
Not mounting "/" during installation will certainly lead to a failure
so I hesitate to remove the check. But we could add a special mode with
disabled checks.

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=305149

< Previous Next >
List Navigation