[openFate 305146] Use old system network configuration when updating instead of demanding a new one
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:44:28 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Lukas Ocilka <locilka@xxxxxxxxxx>

Feature #305146, revision 1, last change by
Title: Use old system network configuration when updating instead of demanding
a new one

openSUSE-11.2: New

Requested by: Pacho Ramos <pacho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Currently, when I try to update from opensuse 10.3 to 11.0 with DVD and I want
to add network repositories, I have to configure again my network for opensuse
installer even when it is already configured on my opensuse-10.3

I think that would be much better try to use network configuration from old
installation and only ask user if a problem occurs

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: System update from media: Start installation / Update, select
network-based repositories to be used, you will be asked to configure the
network.

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=305146

< Previous Next >
List Navigation