[openFate 303730] Add "command not found" handling to the shell
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:40:56 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Feature #303730, revision 7
Title: Add "command not found" handling to the shell

openSUSE-11.1: Candidate
Projectmanager: Important

SLED-11: Candidate
Projectmanager: Important

SLES-11: Candidate
Projectmanager: Important

Requested by: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ubuntu has a very friendly message when one types the name of an
executable coming from a package not installed:
"the program fulano can be found in the following packages: * foo * bar
* baz try: apt-get install <package>"
now that we will have the pool channels online, we can leverage them,
and make things friendlier for entry-level users.

#1: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-04-25 15:17:08)
this was implemented as part of hack-week:
http://urtax.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~stick/stick/projects/command-not-found/

#2: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-06-30 15:16:58)
Sounds usefull to me (but I have to admit more for SLED and openSUSE)
and it does not lok like as if it would make scripts, especially
login/start scripts, slower.

#3: Hendrik Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-11 15:06:24)
We will add support for the package into bash. We will not maintain the
scout package. That will be done by Vladimir.

+ #4: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-23 16:40:56)
+ Scout is maintained in openSUSE BuildService - home:prusnak:scout
+ project
+ http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/prusnak:/scout/

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=303730