[Fate 303367] Better Beagle Acceptance
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:35:10 +0100 (CET)
Feature added by: aj

Feature #303367, revision 1
Title: Better Beagle Acceptance

openSUSE-11.0: Evaluation

Requested by: aj@xxxxxxxxxx

There have been several discussions on the public openSUSE mailing lists, e.g.
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2008-01/msg00157.html where people
complain about resource usage or garbage from beagle.

I suggest that we analyze the current situation and check where are real
problems and consider solutions. One option would be to make it easier for
users to not enable beagle on their systems.

Note: The feature request is about getting a better acceptance by our users of
our indexing technology - and therefore let's figure out what are the problems
they are hitting in real life.

--
SUSE Feature Tool:
http://partnerfate.suse.de/?rm=feature_show&id=303367