Re: Extremely slow XFCE desktop displayin (WAS) Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200829 released!
On 2020-09-01 00:23, Marco Calistri wrote:
After last update I notice an extremely delayed XFCE desktop starting.

I input my login at lightdm-greeter as usual with XFCE selected then it
last almost 2 minutes before XFCE desktop becomes ready to be used.

Would like to know what could have caused this issue, since so far the
XFCE starting was extremely fast!

Not sure if this is the same issue.
I'm using openbox and ligthtdm, and since this update, the window
manager does not finish it's startup after entering the password.
Logging in on tty1, I can see that the X startup is hanging in
'/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.common' because
`xrdb -nocpp -load -retain $XETCDIR/Xresources`
never returns.

Have a nice day,
Berny