Aw: Re: update hangs on Plasma update tool ([opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200801)
  • From: ub22@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:44:23 +0200
Hi Manfred,

thanks for fast reply :-)

Gesendet: Montag, 03. August 2020 um 19:46 Uh;: Von: "Manfred Hollstein"
<mhollstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, 03 Aug 2020, 16:42:34 +0200, ub22@xxxxxxx wrote:
But now I added this in the entry and the same with my '/root/bin' now. Are
this all pathes which are not allowing symlinks to other pathes. Or will be
generelly not allowed to do a symlink to a path?

As a start, look at the output from running the following command:

rpm -ql filesystem | while read dir; do [ -d $dir ] && echo $dir; done

OK, thats the hard methode, but then only for "filesystem" rpm
I changed it a little bit and search for SymLinks

# rpm -ql filesystem | while read dir; do [ -h $dir ] && echo $dir; done
/var/mail
/var/run

Seems that there are some default directories which are linked.
Why this are working?

This will print all directories which are owned by the filesystem
package and thusly a candidate for similar trouble, when you're
replacing any of them with a symbolic link. There are probably more
directories owned by other packages...

Yes, but from my point of view, a System must be tolerant according to
such case of (possible or not forbidden) issues.

We will see if this really fix this Issue.

Only to be sure, will the mounting in /etc/fstab will be done sequential
starting at line 1 till the end?

Quoting from "man fstab":

The order of records in fstab is important because fsck(8), mount(8),
and umount(8) sequentially iterate through fstab doing their thing.

Uppss, not read / remind :-(

Cheers
Ulf