Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On 17/07/2020 14.33, dieter wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 14:20:42 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

For instance, when I want to attach a file to a bugzilla, and the
file is owned by root, I first copy that file to /tmp so that my user
FF can read it and attach it.

but what should keep root from copying the file directly to your home
directory where your user FF can read it and attach it?

That in /tmp it will be seen and deleted at some point.
That /tmp is much shorter to write, twice.

Reminds me:

Telcontar:~ # save_y2logs
Saving YaST logs to /tmp/y2log-Io0UJg.tar.xz
Telcontar:~ #

(17 megs)

In the worst
case root can chown and chmod the copied file so it is readable
for you.

I can not (should not) do that with the system directories where it is stored.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.1 x86_64 at Telcontar)