Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On Thu, Jul 16, Jiri Slaby wrote:

Not sure what servers you are talking about, but one of our development
servers:
# uptime
09:53:46 up 156 days 9:43, 5 users, load average: 0.13, 0.31, 0.25
# du -sh /tmp/
30G /tmp/

We looked at our production servers. So well maintained and always
having the latest security fixes applied (which includes the latest
kernel running).

What do you have on that machine which is so big?

Sure. If you use only firefox and go.

So after all those 8 years, firefox is not fixed yet, right? I really
don't like the idea that after a quick reboot or kexec I can no longer
open documents from download history. Yes, let's fix firefox first (at
last).

Use the XDG variables to let Firefox use ~/.cache for this data.
Your expection is in conflict with FHS and standard behavior on (nearly)
all other Linux distributions.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
Managing Director: Felix Imendoerffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)