Re: [opensuse-factory] Edit existing /etc/fstab, YES or NO? WAS: Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On 7/10/2020 04:16, Richard Brown wrote:
In our case, as /tmp is by default a btrfs subvolume (and so mentioned
in the fstab), this actually means my proposed change will not impact
existing default systems, unless the consensus that we impliment this
change in a way that edits peoples existing fstabs.

I'd be nervous about that, but I'm open to the possibility.

What do people think?

FWIW I'd say leave existing fstab alone and existing users can go on with status quo. People can opt in if they'd like (so long as they know about it). Newly installed systems can have the new behavior as users should generally understand that new things might happen with a new install.

--
Jason Craig