Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
On 2020-07-10 07:50 AM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
...wondering if I'm the only one who backs up the following directories
before a reinstall:

/etc
/home
/tmp

I back up /etc, but /home is on a separate partition.  In fact, back in the dark ages, when I had IDE drives, I had /home on a removable drive in a tray and would remove it during installs.  I have also backed up other directories that contained things I wanted to retain.  I never considered backing up /tmp, though it might have been during a regular backup.