Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
Richard Brown wrote:
On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 12:26 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
[...]
Another thought that crossed my mind is making systemd set up a
PrivateTmp for
login sessions, i.e. make /tmp a bind mount to the users home dir, so
it does
actually account towards their disk quota.

Applications that want to use the users home directory can use
$XDG_CACHE_HOME, like firefox does when delivered by flatpak for
example.

That would be more sensible than potentially relocating tmp files
intended for the system scope to a users home directory.

Filling ~ with lots of unimportant data also sucks when it's is on NFS
(oh yeah, that still exists :-)), esp when there's a quota. At some
point I got annoyed by that so played with this:
https://github.com/lnussel/pam_usertmp

cu
Ludwig

--