Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal: /tmp as tmpfs
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:23:30 -0400
On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 7:21 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<adrian.glaubitz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/10/20 1:18 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 7/10/20 11:49 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
Does anyone have any objections, concerns, thoughts?

I'm fine with the idea, but it would be nice if existing systems
wouldn't be switched
over without asking,

Any creative idea how to do that with zypper dup?

I don't know whether RPM supports that but Debian's debconf would allow to
create a prompt to ask the user with the current setting as default.

Does RPM have similar mechanisms?

RPM does not. Interactivity during package installation is
antithetical to the ethos of RPM.