Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
Hello Carson,

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 11:46 AM Carson Black <uhhadd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any thoughts/objections regarding the possibility of replacing the
libzypp stack in openSUSE with the libdnf stack?

-- Carson Black [ jan Pontajosi, Jan Blackquill ]

Mine is a feedback as a Tumbleweed user, and switching to dnf was very
good for me:
1) Parallel download is a blessing because mirrors in China aren't
always very fast.
2) I don't need to taboo packages I don't want to reinstall after each
dup anymore because from what I can tell dnf remembers them unlike
zypper.
3) Aliases already in place for dnf to mimic zypper are for the most
part enough for my user case. Plus i'm discovering additional dnf
features that zypper is missing such as removing orphan packages.

I don't have the experience to go in depth, but as a user the above
was enough to make dnf a permanent switch.
Best Regards,

Maurizio