Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 4:45 AM Dan Čermák <dcermak@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:09, Dan Čermák <dcermak@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, and then there's the elephant in the room: dnf is a Fedora (and
thus a RedHat) product, while zypper is SUSE's child. Just because of
that it's going to be a rocky road and it will probably take ages or
be
downright impossible to push dnf as the default to SLE (zypper has a
lot
of SLE specific handling, for example packagehub integration).

Looking at SUSE support articles, Package Hub stuff is added with YaST
and SUSEConnect, so zypp/er don't really have much to do with that

Kinda related
There were some plans to make an OBS plugin to make it easier to
interact with OBS, but that was kinda abandoned, since OBS api requires
authentication for every single action.
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf-plugins-extras/issues/64

This is probably not going to get any simpler given the recent DOS
"attacks" (not sure if they were attacks, but OBS' public routes got
hammered by web crawlers), see
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/9876

Integrations like that aren't too hard to do, as long as there is an
api of some kind

OBS has a pretty extensive API, but unfortunately (in this case) all of
it requires authentication. However, I don't really see a reason why an
interested user couldn't create an authentication token and put it into
a config file? The UX wouldn't be as great as with the copr plugin, but
better than nothing?

The problem is that OBS has no API token concept, so I can't even do
that. I *could* write the plugin to use the ~/.config/oscrc that
exists on disk, though.

If I can get some time for this again, I may implement a "blind"
plugin with obs:// URIs and add configuration for mapping obs:// URIs
to download URLs.

It's not great, but at least it's better than nothing, and essentially
makes it the same as zypper's handling of obs:// URIs for adding OBS
repos.