Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 10:52:31AM +0200, Dan Čermák wrote:
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> writes:

On Tuesday 2020-07-07 05:45, Carson Black wrote:

Lately, I've become somewhat displeased by a lot of shortcomings of
the libzypp stack in regards to how it serves openSUSE.[...]
From what I can tell, the only things that need any further
integration work besides just switching out the package manager would
be[...]

* "product" support
* downgrade support (zypper dup)

Downgrades are supported via `dnf distro-sync --allowerasing`
(allowerasing is necessary sometimes when packages get dropped from
Factory).

Be careful with allowerasing, it can completly wreck your system.

The difference between dnf and libzypp is actually the "keeporphans"
option: dnf sets it to true telling libsolv that it must keep all
orphaned packages (packages that are not backed by a repository)
installed.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
mls@xxxxxxx GF: Felix Imendoerffer HRB 36809, AG Nuernberg