Re: [opensuse-factory] [RFC] OpenSUSE Distribution Tiers Policy

On Saturday 2020-07-04 19:15, Christian Boltz wrote:
Am Freitag, 3. Juli 2020, 18:50:32 CEST schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Friday 2020-07-03 18:02, Neal Gompa wrote:
We can use "main" and "alternative" if "primary" and "secondary" make
people uncomfortable.

The terms "main" and "alternative" also make some people
uncomfortable.

What about "main architectures" and "additional architectures"?

My point was that there will always be someone
uncomfortable/offended/etc.

Having multiple tiers of architectures is by its very essence a
discrimination. *Any* words you pick will serve as a discriminator
for the matter at hand. Attempting to pick discriminatory-free words
is futile[1].
So perhaps now we can stop wasting Dirk's time.

[1] confer with the example(s) at
https://github.com/blacklistisnotracist/the-most-politically-correct-software/issues/1