Re: [opensuse-factory] Blender, openCOLLADA and OpenImageIO need a maintainer
Hi Dave,

On 5/12/20 8:53 PM, Dave Plater wrote:
It's with a heavy heart I resign from maintaining blender and the
packages I created to add requested features to it. I've maintained it
since the previous maintainer no longer had time in August 2009,
version 2.49a.
It's not an easy package to maintain and I've dealt with many bugs in
that time but unfortunately a toxic character has made this difficult,
I don't get paid to put up with this.
I could present plenty of evidence going back over a year of the
harassment from this particular graphics and electronics maintainer, I
gave up on kicad a while ago but I really haven't got the time.

The board discussed this issue briefly in our meeting today, we do not
believe Stefan has acted inappropriately in this situation and would
like to discuss it with him, so if there are any other issues that you
would like us to raise so that others don't end up in your position
please let me or the board know so that we can also raise them.

Beyond that we really value your contributions to the project and if you
are willing ideally we would like to come to an arrangement where you
feel free to continue to contribute to these packages free of any
harassment which is something that any openSUSE contributor should be
able to experience.

Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into openSUSE.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30