Betreff: Re: [opensuse-packaging] OSL fails to compile on Tumbleweed
Datum: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 13:18:23 +0200
Von: Stefan Brüns
An: Dave Plater, Hans-Peter Jansen
Kopie (CC): Aaron Puchert

On Friday, 24 April 2020 12:52:32 CEST Dave Plater wrote:
On 18/04/2020 19:59, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Dear Stefan,
Factory fails to compile OSL 1.10.7 due to some LLVM issues on the
surface:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/graphics/OpenShadingLanguage
Well, I updated to 1.10.9, removed your patch, that was applied
upstream
(well the alternative one at least), and tried a couple of combinations
here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:blender/
OpenShadingLanguage
using a pattern similar to:
%if 0%{?suse_version} > 1500
BuildRequires: clang7-devel
BuildRequires: gcc7-c++
%else
BuildRequires: clang-devel >= 4
BuildRequires: gcc-c++
%endif
Interestingly, no combination of LLVM 10, 9, 8 nor gcc7 does work,
but the
build is failing due to various issues (up to some unsupported
-flto=auto
arguments).
This bears the question, does our TW build chain or some library,
that OSL
relies on has an issue here? OIIO seems pretty outdated, we are using
1.8.17, while upstream is at 2.1.13.0 now. Any reason, why we lagged
behind so far?
Thanks,
Pete

Thanks for working on the package.
The lowering of clang/llvm versions didn't work 100% even with patches
from git.
All fixed now by the long time maintainer of blender, it was my second
ever package that I became maintainer of. Thanks everyone for o9ffering
to help.

Dave P

Again you just overstepped everyone else. Reviews exist for a reason.

You removed the stdosl.h lookup patch. As Pete already recognized, the
upstream patch is incomplete.

Regards,

Stefan