Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: initrd -> initramfs

Hello,

On 2020-05-08 08:21, Olaf Hering wrote:
Am Mon, 04 May 2020 17:35:36 +0200
schrieb Richard Brown <rbrown@xxxxxxx>:

And I think that is his point - some of us make SUSE, but ALL of us
make openSUSE, and the requirements of the openSUSE community on
occation trump the requirements of SUSE.

You missed the point as well. It is about consistency in the base
system. Questioning "compatibility with SLE10" when exactly this makes
a good system is just wrong.

It is probably nice to replace the desktop background every quarter.
For everything else the guys have to be grounded first before making
decisions that potentially break consistency across versions.

thank you Olaf to point that out.
You are 100% right.

Accordingly Richard is 100% wrong with his never ending repeating
that openSUSE dictates what SUSE does. This is so much destructive.

The only right way is that openSUSE and SUSE collaborate.

I am not a native English speaker so my word "collaborate"
might not be the one with the exact right meaning of things like
"work together", "cooperate", and "collaborate" but I found
https://seapointcenter.com/cooperation-teamwork-and-collaboration/
Because of what is explained there I think "collaborate"
is the best word for what I mean. Of course I don't mean that
openSUSE and SUSE are enemies where "collaborate" is also used.
But perhaps the enemies context makes it even more clear that
"collaborate" is the right word because even if openSUSE and SUSE
were enemies they would have to work together, think together,
valuing each other’s perspective and contributions, in order
for creative solutions and innovation to emerge.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany