[opensuse-factory] Python2 is EOL - List of package candidates to be removed soon
Dear Packagers and users

Python2 has been EOL for a few months already by now. We eliminated all
(well, most) python2-* packages by now (some remain in the tree as the
source packages fail to build, but since they often do py2 and py3 from
one source, I can't just wipe them)

Anyway, I went through the list of packages that are currently reported
'uninstallable' due to missing dependencies and I list here all that
report missing py2- dependencies.

If they are not being ported to py3 by May 15, I'll do hard-delete
request of them (the packages are already not installable; so no
functionality would be lost in Tumbleweed)

I mainly give the time in good faith that the maintainers forgot about
them (or shiften their priorities) - and somebody might want to pick up
the pieces. Of course, if a package is deleted, it can always be re-
introduced at a later time when the issues are fixed too.

So, here comes the list:

DisplayCAL
barbie_seahorse_adventure
chameleon
cram
createrepo (we have been using createrepo_c for a while already)
crudini
cups-airprint
dogtail
double-cross
exaile
gedit-latex
hollywood
impressive
kraft
libewf
lostfeathers
ndpmon
openvswitch
ovirt-guest-agent
paperwork
py-fishcrypt
scat
solarfighter
solarwolf
solarwolf_we
vusb-analyzer
weather-wallpaper
xboxdrv

I know, it's quite a list - but keep in mind: those packages are
currently not installable. So - no fix until May 15 and the packages
are gone :)

If you want any of those packages to stay, provide fixes for them (or
find somebody that can fix it for you).

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >