[opensuse-factory] Re: initrd -> initramfs
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 08:27:24 -0400
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 8:25 AM Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 04 May 2020 14:05:20 +0200,
Andreas Schwab wrote:

On Mai 04 2020, Takashi Iwai wrote:

Will dracut detect whether it already uses initrd and keep using
initrd instead of initramfs? Otherwise it won't work because we keep
multi-version kernels and the old kernel package will insist initrd
instead of initramfs while only the new kernel will use initramfs.

And what about the users of Kernel:{stable,HEAD} on old distributions?

Right, that's even a bigger problem.

But nobody explicitly *supports* those users. We don't test or
validate against Kernel:* projects. If we add that to this, we'll be
paralyzed.