[opensuse-factory] Re: initrd -> initramfs
  • From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 13:21:12 +0200
On Mai 04 2020, Takashi Iwai wrote:

And that'll be tricky -- if we rename it, which file name to be
packaged would depend on dracut package, but dracut isn't included in
the build requirement for the kernel binary package. So we can't know
whether dracut prefers initramfs or initrd at the package build time.

Even more, existing initrds are frequently rebuilt, so this needs to
work for old kernels too.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@xxxxxxx
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7