Re: [opensuse-factory] initrd -> initramfs
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 06:55:51 -0400
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 6:37 AM Daniel Molkentin <dmolkentin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

In an effort to get the naming right. I would like to propose renaming
the /boot/initrd-$(uname -r) images to /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img.

Rationale: We are not using initrd's (that is: actual block devices) for
a long time now. Instead, an initramfs is a cpio archive that gets
deflated to a tmpfs. And, this would allow me to drop some more of our
vendor patches off dracut.

I am currently collecting affected packages. So far I found:

- aaa_base (refresh_initrd script)

- YaST

- grub

- kdump

- perl-Bootloader

Anything I am missing?

The only other thing is kiwi, but we've been adapted to the upstream
naming for a while now (in order to support RH/Fedora, which dropped
the initrd naming a while ago).