Re: [opensuse-factory] The (near) future of AutoYaST
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 11:56:05 +0200
Dne pondělí 4. května 2020 9:27:36 CEST, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):
On 5/2/20 11:14 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pátek 17. dubna 2020 9:10:52 CEST, Imobach González Sosa napsal(a):
[...]
it's probably out of purpose of AutoYaST, but I wonder if it
could be usable as kind of backup and restore of configuration.
E.g. if there could be some automated way to create profile
describing actual configuration (what is installed and how
everything is set up). Something like that.

Isn't that one of the main use cases of Machinery?

I wasn't aware of this, thank You. And after reading its homepage such use
isn't obvious for me... Then I also wonder about difference/overlap among
these two tools.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/