Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200425 released!
Le mardi 28 avril 2020 à 01:01:01, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20200425

Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug
on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please
see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Packages changed:
plymouth (0.9.5+git20191224+d7c737d -> 0.9.5+git20200407+6ca4b5b)

Just for the record, the issue with plymouth hanging forever and preventing
the user to input the encrypted volume passphrase is still present. After
upgrading I was still unable to boot correctly.

In case it helps, here is what I did:

- add `init=/bin/sh` to boot command line in grub
- mount -o remount,rw /
- mout -a
- zypper rm -u plymouth
- dracut -f
- sync
- echo b /proc/sysrq-trigger

After that I was able to enjoy GNOME 3.36 :)
Cheers,

--
'When there is no more room at school, the dumb will walk the Earth.'

Sébastien 'sogal' Poher