Re: [opensuse-factory] Bumblebee up for grabs
On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 02:38:23PM +0200, Mathias Homann wrote:

Am 10.04.2020 um 14:21 schrieb Stefan Dirsch:

Thanks a lot. Finally I figured out what was still wrong on my system.
1. Xserver was still on Leap 15.1, but you need Xserver of Leap 15.2 or
newer (like Tumbleweed) for NVIDIA's PRIME render offload support

...is there an OBS repo that I could use to try that? maybe the 15.1
build of X11:Xorg?

That's what I did. Updated xorg-x11-server package and removed some
xf86-video-* packages, which still needed the old xorg-x11-server package, but
aren't needed on my laptop when using modesetting/nvidia driver.

...is it **safe** to try that? I mean, if it explodes in my face i'd
just disable the repo again, and run zypper dup --allow-downgrade, and
it should be all well again, shouldn't it?

Nothing is safe nowadays. I won't fix your messed up system later. ;-)

or should I fork the appropriate packages into my home:lemmy04 and try
from there?

You could try that, but then you may need to link/rebuild also other
xf86-video/input driver packages ...

but once 15.2 is out, prime offloading should work, right?

Yes!

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany