Re: [opensuse-factory] MySQL Workbench GRT python2 + libffi8 crash
On Tue, 7 Apr 2020, Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:

вівторок, 7 квітня 2020 р. 14:22:28 EEST Richard Biener написано:
I suspect python-ffi opens libffi by its development symlink (or uses some
other weird way of obtaining "some" libffi library). libffi7 and libff8
are not binary compatible which might explain why shoveling in libffi.so.7
works but not libffi.so.8.

So I should create bugreport for python then, right?

Yes.

Unfortunately this backtrace doesn't tell anything useful.

Using backtrace with debuginfo [1]. Maybe it would be more helpful.

[1] https://susepaste.org/8375151

Hmm, it looks like a memory management issue of some sorts, eventually
the newer libffi does more sanity checking here but it may also end up
mangling things differently and python looking into implementation details
where it should not ...

So yes, a bugreport would be good to have though python2 is supposed
to go away ...

The error seems to happen during loading of the ctypes python package
itself so eventually is reproducible with just

python2
import ctypes

can you try? (that's probably too simple ...)

Unfortunately the backtrace has too many things <optimized out> to guess
which function it tries to call (but maybe somebody knowing python
ctypes will know).

Richard.